About IBT's Technical School ProgramsInstitute for Business & Technology (IBT) is an accredited trade school located in Santa Clara, California. IBT offers a variety of hands-on career training programs that prepare students for rewarding entry-level jobs in their field of study after program completion. IBT is dedicated to providing its students with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in their chosen field.
IBT HistoryIBT was first established in 1965 and has been providing quality hands-on career training ever since. IBT works closely with local employers in order to develop and deliver comprehensive career-oriented education. IBT courses are taught by a highly experienced faculty who bring practical industry experience to the classroom. The relevant hands-on training that students receive at IBT prepares them for entry-level jobs in their field of study after program completion. IBT is conveniently located in the heart of Silicon Valley and boasts a well equipped, modern 60,000 square foot facility.
Vocational School Accreditations and RecognitionIBT is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). ACCSC is an accrediting agency that is recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE). IBT is licensed to operate as a non-degree granting private institution by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE).
IBT Career PlacementIBT’s primary goal is helping students find entry-level careers in their field after program completion. That is why IBT has a dedicated Career Services Department that is committed to helping students with everything from how to write a resume/cover letter to how to prepare for an interview. IBT bases its success on the success of its students, which is why helping students find jobs once they graduate is their number one priority.
IBT Career School Programs in Santa Clara, California
HVAC/R Technician Program:In this program students learn how to install, maintain and repair HVAC systems. This program can be completed in as little as 10.5 months and prepares graduates for entry-level work as commercial or residential HVAC technicians in a variety of professional settings.
Electrical Technician Program:In this program students learn how to install new electrical systems as well as maintain and repair existing electrical infrastructures. This program can be completed in as little as 10.5 months and prepares graduates for entry-level work as electricians in a variety of professional settings.
Lab Assistant, EKG Technician/Phlebotomist Program:In this program students learn a variety of skills including how to collect blood, tissue or other specimens and how to prepare specimens for storage or examination. This program can be completed in as little as 9 months and prepares graduates for entry-level work as lab assistant, EKG technicians, and/or phlebotomists.
Massage Therapy:In this program students learn how to manipulate soft tissue in order to facilitate healing and relaxation. This program can be completed in as little as 9 months and prepares students for entry-level work as massage therapists in a variety of professional settings.
Medical Assistant Program:In this program students learn how to perform clinical and administrative duties that keep healthcare facilities running smoothly. This program can be completed in as little as 9 months and prepares graduates for entry-level work as medical assistants in a variety of healthcare settings.
Medical Biller/Coder/Office Assistant Program:In this program students learn the fundamentals of medical billing and coding as well as office assistant skills. This program can be completed in as little as 9 months and prepares graduates for entry-level work as medical billers/coders in a variety of healthcare settings.
Ultrasound Technician/Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Program:In this program students learn how to perform ultrasound tests in order to gather sonographic data to diagnose a variety of conditions and diseases. This program can be completed in as little as 18 months and prepares graduates for entry-level work as ultrasound technicians in a variety of healthcare settings.
Student Consumer Information
- Student Right-to-Know Disclosures
- Establishing and Maintaining an Information Security Policy
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Leave of Absence
- Clock Hour Programs: clock to credit hour calculation
- Consumer Disclosures for Enrolled & Prospective Students
- Copyright Information
- Net Price Calculator
- Voter Registration Form Availability
- Constitution Day
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
- Timely Warning and Emergency Notification
- Emergency Response/Evacuation
- IBT Drug Policy
- Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Annual Security Report
- Code of Conduct for Education Loans
- Facilities and Services Available to Students with Disabilities
- Refund Policy
- Return of Title IV Funds
- School and Program Accreditation, Approval, or Licensure
- Student Financial Aid Information
- Transfer of Credits Policy
- Withdrawal Policy
- Vaccinations Policy
- Voter Registration Information
- College Navigator
- ACCSC Graduation and Employment Disclosure
- Commercial Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning Disclosure
- Electrician Disclosure
- Lab Assistant, EKG Technician/Phlebotomist Disclosure
- Massage Therapy Disclosure
- Medical Assistant Disclosure
- Medical Biller/Coder/Office Specialist Disclosure
- Ultrasound Technician/Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Disclosure
- Building Maintenance Facility Technician Disclosure
- BPPE Annual Report 2015
- Commercial Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning (840 hrs)
- Electrician Fact Sheet
- Lab Assistant, EKG Technician/Phlebotomist
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Biller/Coder/Office Specialist
- Ultrasound Technician/ Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Building And Maintenance Facility Technician
- Commercial Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning Program
- Electrician Program
- Lab Assistant, EKG Technician/Phlebotomist Program
- Massage Therapy Program
- Medical Assistant Program
- Medical Biller/Coder/Office Specialist Program
- Ultrasound Technician/ Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Program
- Building And Maintenance Facility Technician Program
- CRHAC program affiliated with ESCO Institute
- CRHAC program offers Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certification
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- California State Department of Health Services,
- Laboratory Field Services for Phlebotomy certifications
Our Aim To Help You Find A Career College
By providing you with a wealth of information about the different schooling options, degrees available and career prospects, we hope that we can help you make a decision that leads you to a rewarding and fulfilling career. So before you decide to enroll at a school of any type, be sure to check out the resources available here on FirstYear.org.
If you are looking for information that you are unable to find on our site, please feel free to send us a message and we will do our absolute best to get you the answers that you are looking for. After all, we are here for you! So take a look around and let us know what you think! We look forward to helping you make informed decisions about your education and ultimately your career! -FirstYear.org